Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Special Events This Week at Takoma Park

Sorry for the lag in posting. I have been on vacation. I'm happy to announce some wonderful special events this week at Takoma Park Neighborhood Library. Our regular Wednesday morning story time will have a special theme this week. As part of the Kids Euro Festival, which is a celebration of European art and culture by EU embassies and local partners, the Takoma Park Library will dedicate their Pre-K story time to celebrating the country of Finland. I am almost 100% Finnish so when I was told of this opportunity to partake in this festival I jumped at the chance. Please join me tomorrow morning for Finnish stories, folktales, a felt craft, and traditional Finnish pulla bread, or Nisu, for a snack. The program will start at 10:30 am tomorrow.

Another great special event this month is History Night at the library. I recently received a grant to properly store and exhibit the Takoma History File, a small archival vertical file of clippings, photos, articles, and other ephemera. I will discuss the work I did as part of this grant project and highlight the collection. Please join me as I open the Takoma History File Exhibit and introduce the newly indexed collection. History Night is Thursday, October 22 and the program will begin at 7:00 pm. This project was made possible by a grant from the DC Humanities Council which is affiliated with the DC State Historic Preservation Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment