Tuesday, November 10, 2009

40 years of Fun and Learning!

40 years later and children are still asking "will you tell me how to get, how to get to Sesame Street?" Today is the 40th birthday of the popular children's educational show. Designed to teach children beginning social and academic concepts, the show has flourished and reached many people over the past four decades. A delight for children and a blessing for teachers, librarians, and parents who recognized it as an important learning tool, I'm sure many of us can say the show played a role in our early years. I know I have many fond memories watching the show on the CBC when I was a preschooler. My favorite characters were the Count and Bert. Who were yours?

Also, just so you know, different volumes of Elmo's World, a popular spinoff show featuring arguably the most popular Sesame Street character, are available on DVD at Takoma Park Library. We also have films featuring other characters. Check the shelf, ask a librarian, or browse the catalog to find a film, book, or CD to celebrate this milestone birthday for a great children's program.

No comments:

Post a Comment